Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join their team. The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring all accounting tasks for timely and accurate completion by staff. This is a full-time, permanent position reporting directly to the CFO.
- Oversee budget, profit, payroll accounts receivable, accounts payable and loss statements.
- Supervise (5) department staff and ensure work is properly allocated and completed in a timely manner.
- Perform appropriate ledger, bank reconciliations and complex analysis.
- Audit transactions and verify check amounts against invoices.
- Assist in financial statement and tax returns preparation, and month end close process.
- Authorize checks and wire transfers.
- Implement policies and procedures and maintain accounting policy manual.
- Recruit, develop, and train new staff members, as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field is required.
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting, including 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (specifically Excel).
- Familiarity with accounting software is needed.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Must have strong critical thinking, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management ability is a must.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.