Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for quality control of all financials for the company, as well as developing reporting procedures and systems. This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Controller.
- Oversee all company procedures and financial controls regarding the reporting of all transactions.
- Develop financial reports to determine performance and make conclusions.
- Update current accounting systems in place for efficiency and accuracy.
- Oversee the quarterly and monthly financial statement preparations.
- Provide assistance for the annual and monthly closing processes.
- Examine internal policies and procedures to keep documentation up to date and accurate.
- Develop and track monthly budgets by setting goals.
- Set standards for financial forecasting.
- Reconcile statements monthly.
- Prep financial statements for filing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or another relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in private accounting.
- Must have extensive knowledge of all accounting policies and procedures as well as balance sheets and filing processes.
- Familiarity with accounting software is needed.
- Must be mathematically minded and attentive to detail.
- CPA is highly preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.