Location: Glens Falls, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Buyer/Planner. The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for overseeing the sourcing process from suppliers including supply agreements, purchase orders, inventory programs, and costs. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Coordinate all phases of material forecasting, planning, procurement, and logistics.
- Process sales orders, work orders, purchase orders, receipts, and invoices to maintain project schedule and ensure timely deliveries for customer deadlines.
- Simplify processes and increase transparency and effective communication between departments.
- Follow the company’s policies and procedures regarding working with suppliers.
- Analyze company data to ensure that materials are high quality, low cost, and delivered timely.
- Stay up to date on market norms and trends to stay on the forefront of innovation, and communicate any developments to the relevant departments.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure processes are running smoothly and on time.
- Oversee inventory dollars and ensure it remains at the norm.
- Prepare inventory related metrics for management review.
- Work with teams to support new projects, and assist with new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Global Supply Chain Management.
- 2+ years of purchasing experience in manufacturing, preferably medical, is needed.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Must be familiar with ERP and purchasing systems.
- Strong understanding of component specifications and drawings is a must.
- Previous experience working within an MRP environment.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.