Location: Glens Falls, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Buyer/Planner. The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for overseeing the acquisition and procurement of new materials and inventory control. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Oversee the sourcing process from suppliers including supply agreements, purchase orders, inventory programs, and costs.
- Ensure all processes are optimized for through continuous improvement.
- Follow the company’s policies and procedures regarding working with suppliers.
- Analyze company data to ensure that materials are high quality, low cost, and delivered timely.
- Stay up to date on market norms and trends to stay on the forefront of innovation, and communicate any developments to the relevant departments.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure processes are running smoothly and on time.
- Oversee inventory dollars and ensure it remains at the norm.
- Work with teams to support new projects, and assist with new products.
- Associates Degree is required.
- 2 years of MRP purchasing experience is needed.
- Purchasing experience in manufacturing, preferably medical, is needed.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is needed.
- Must be knowledgeable on purchasing systems.
- Strong understanding of component specifications and drawings is a must.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.