Our client is currently seeking an experienced project manager. This is a full-time, permanent position located in the Albany area. The project manager will be facilitating cooperation across all team members, collaborating with developers, testing managers and others to synchronize activities, developing/following standard approaches and seeing that everyone has information, training and equipment needed.
- Facilitates team meetings and decision making sessions to help the team stay true to their practices and make or meet commitments.
- Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions through communication and mentoring skills, leadership and facilitation.
- Supports and educates the Product Owner with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Summarizes and publishes documentation related to metrics, velocity, backlog, tasks, and status of activities on a consistent and timely basis.
- Understands and assists with release progress measures and release management.
- Provides secondary support of Quality Assurance functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant project management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interface with both technical and business colleagues and the ability to lead with little to no direction.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, project management software (e.g., Rally) and SharePoint; experience using process modeling software
- Knowledge of SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) methodologies and other Agile approaches is preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.