Location: Springfield, MA
Our client is currently seeking a medical professional who specializes in Geriatric Medicine and is experienced with the management of long-term care facilities to join their organization as the Medical Director. The Medical Director will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the high quality of medical and medically related care provided by the facility. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure the quality care offered by the facility. This includes policies regarding patient rights.
- Organizing and coordinating physician services and services offered by other professionals regarding patient/resident care.
- Maintaining Direct Care records and reports. Ensure accurate and timely completion of records, chars, registration, transcription, documentation, etc.
- Developing and implementing standards, policies, and procedures regarding resident care, quality assurance, and infection control. Communicating policies and procedures with physicians.
- Monthly meetings with administration to discuss quality and safety metrics, which may include but is not limited to; injury related metrics and trends (falls, ulcers, hospitalization etc.), quality, surveys, pharmacy utilization.
- Assist with arrangement of medical coverages and emergency care as necessary.
- Develop and implement in-service training and educational programs for staff development. Promotion of employee health, welfare, and safety.
- A M.D. or D.O. Degree and an active Physician’s License in Massachusetts are required.
- Board Certification in Geriatric Medicine is required.
- Geriatric Medical experience in a Long-Term Care facility is highly preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.