Location: Latham, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Medical Administrative Assistant to assist the Billing Supervisor and Practice Administrator in the day-to-day operations of the organization. The Medical Administrative Assistant will have the primary responsibility of front desk administration and the management of files and office supplies. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Operating the office front desk. Answering phones, responding to emails and other various forms of communication in a personable and professional manner.
- Update new patient information and maintain insurance accuracy through insurance verifications and authorizations.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid.
- Perform follow ups on billing and medical documentation.
- Processing reimbursement claims.
- Management of patient Work in Progress files.
- Performing Accounts Receivable tasks related to clinician production.
- Ensure HIPPA Compliance to Personal Health Information (PHI).
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience in an administrative assistant role in a medical office are required.
- Must have proficiency using medical software (OPIE) and other medical software.
- Must be well organized with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a busy medical office.
- Seeking candidates with excellent communication skills and an eye for detail.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.