Location: Latham, NY
Our client is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to compile and maintain accounts payable records. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for processing all invoices and other financial documentation received for payment in an accurate and timely manner. The days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Review all invoices and other financials for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Communicate directly with vendors on all inquiries, payment issues and payment schedules.
- Prepare and process checks scheduled for required payments, automated and manual.
- Print and obtain signatures on all accounts payable checks.
- Maintain all of the organization’s accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and files.
- Audit, process and reconcile payments and expenses in compliance with the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Communicate with internal and external clients.
- Ensure correct approval, sorting, coding and matching of invoices/receipts.
- Provide other related accounting services for the organization as required.
- Must have a high school diploma and a minimum of 3 years accounting experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs required.
- Must be detail oriented with accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast paced environment is a must.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Must possess knowledge of monthly rent payments.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.