Our Client is currently seeking a Building Plans Examiner to review plans and specifications for compliance with codes and town/city ordinances for residential construction. This is a full-time, permanent position located in the Saratoga, NY area.
- Assisting building inspector with the review/inspection of residential construction projects as necessary.
- Advising architects, designers, contractors, and developers on code and design requirements.
- Preparation and maintenance of records of plan checking procedures.
- Ensuring proper permits are obtained and posted throughout construction process.
- Assist in the examination of plans and specifications throughout the construction process.
- Answering public inquiries about regulations pertaining to the building construction or renovations.
- Meeting with the clients and necessary construction crew to explain code and zoning requirements.
- Two years of experience working with building inspection and plan checking.
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning requirements, and building materials and methods.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of safe workplace practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.