Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a skilled writer / editor for a long-term contract position as an Administrative Writer. The writer will be responsible for the drafting and administrative support of departmental administrative policies until they reach final approval.
- Coordinating the revision of administrative policies with multiple editors / work groups.
- Writing / drafting out policies within established formats and guidelines.
- Sending drafts to management for approvals and to designated work groups.
- Attend policy meetings, notating suggested changes, compiling recommendations.
- Implementing recommended changes and resubmitting policies for approval.
- Documenting all edits / omissions using the track-change feature of Microsoft Word throughout entire revision process.
- Upon approval, coordinate the publication of the policy onto the departmental intranet.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English or equivalent experience is required.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Administrative experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work within a highly structured and regulated environment.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.