Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an Associate Attorney experienced in commercial real estate and transactional finance law. The Associate Attorney will be responsible advising clients on transactions involving the development and financing of affordable housing and commercial real estate. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Assists developers, lenders, syndicators, institutional investors, and not-for profits utilize multiple sources of financing, including tax credits and other government incentives, to create new housing and commercial activities, in communities throughout New York State.
- Advise clients on matters involving low-income housing, new markets and energy tax credits.
- Advise clients on matters involving industrial development transactions; sale/leasebacks, ground and space leases, property tax exemptions, etc.
- Handles matters concerning agency lending, affordable housing and HUD loans.
- Handles permitting and land use matters such as special permits, zoning and site plan approvals.
- A JD from a top law school and membership of the New York bar.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in real estate transactional law, housing or corporate law is required.
- Experience with commercial purchase and sale, real estate, economic development, construction financing, and multi-family housing purchase and sale transactions are required.
- Affordable housing and/or tax experience is a plus.
- There will be significant contact with clients, candidates must be comfortable with client communication and possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be very well organized.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.