Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Controller. The Controller will be responsible for ensuring the finances of the company are all in order to align with the strategies of directors. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Oversee the staff in the financial department, including evaluation and training.
- Seek out cost saving opportunities for the organization, and implement subsequent policies.
- Utilize cost accounting to determine the profitability of the organization.
- Oversee all reporting, auditing, and statement preparation.
- Ensure all company and governmental policies and procedures are followed.
- Analyze company financials and present findings to management.
- Oversee the annual audit of all benefits including 401K and insurance.
- Work cross departmentally to prepare financial statements for the auditing process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required, MBA preferred.
- CPA License highly preferred.
- 5 or more years of management experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Must have high level Microsoft Excel skills.
- Familiarity with financial regulations and operations necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must understand a cooperative leadership approach to work with other management.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.