Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support the design and development of energy system components, packaging, and structural elements for existing and future products. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Collaboration with engineering teams to design and test product packaging, components, and structural elements based on system performance, functional, and certification requirements.
- Conducting “hands-on” testing and tolerance analysis (using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance Principals).
- Designing system enclosures to meet functional, certification and cost requirements.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with at least 2-5 years of related engineering work experience is required.
- Must have working knowledge of the following design tools: CAD (Pro Engineer), FEA, and CFD.
- Knowledge of Pro Mechanica and ANSYS is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of Vibration, Thermal, and Fatigue design.
- PED, ASME, UL/CSA, and European codes and standards that apply to lift truck product design is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.