Location: Amsterdam, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experience Human Resources professional to take on the role of the Human Resources Manager. They will have the primary responsibilities of maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and practices. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Process new hires, employee changes, terminations and benefit administration.
- Ensures compliance and adheres to company’s polices relating to processing of wages and paid time off.
- Provide service to all employees regarding concerns with payroll and benefits, research and trouble shoot any/all inquiries.
- Maintains business controls and audit trails for all payroll transactions, I-9’s, Garnishments, etc.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains human resource records by designing a filing system for keeping past and current records.
- A minimum 5 years of experience working in Human Resources is required.
- Must have HR management experience in a mid-size company.
- An advanced knowledge of Human Resources administration, organization and operation is required. Must maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation.
- Demonstrated leadership ability is required; principles and practices used for effective management, training, and supervision.
- Proficiency using computers and Microsoft Office Suite
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.