Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experience Human Resources professional to take on the role of the Human Resources Manager. They will have the primary responsibilities of maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Process payroll accurately to ensure compliance, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Manage Time & Attendance with support staff and supervisors while maintaining precise payroll records.
- Process new hires, employee changes, terminations and benefit administration.
- Ensures compliance and adheres to company’s polices relating to processing of wages and paid time off.
- Provide service to all employees regarding concerns with payroll and benefits, research and trouble shoot any/all inquiries.
- Maintains business controls and audit trails for all payroll transactions, I-9’s, Garnishments, etc.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains human resource records by designing a filing system for keeping past and current records.
- A minimum of 10 years experience working in Human Resources is required.
- Must have experience as Human Resources Manager in a mid-size company.
- An advanced knowledge of Human Resources administration, organization and operation is required. Must maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation.
- Demonstrated leadership ability is required; principles and practices used for effective management, training, and supervision.
- Must be able to uphold and convey the highest ethical standards.
- Proficiency using computers and office software (Microsoft Office Suite, ADP, internet).
- Some travel will be required, must have a valid Driver’s license.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.