Locations: Syracuse, NY and Albany, NY
Our client is seeking an experienced associate-level attorney with experience in trust and estate work with a focus on elder law. The Trust and Estates Attorney will be working with clients in order to establish trusts, draft wills, and other estate planning documents in addition to collaborating with financial managers and insurance specialists to advise clientele on retirement plans, insurance policies, and charitable contributions. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Providing council regarding the secure transfer of assets via estate and trusts.
- Assisting clientele with the distribution of their estates and the establishment of trusts.
- Drafting / preparation of estate planning documents, estate and trust fiduciary accounting and estate tax returns, power of attorney etc. Updating documents as necessary.
- Assist with litigations. Make court appearances as necessary.
- Staying up-to-date on trust, estate and tax laws.
- A Juris Doctorate Degree and at least 4 years of relevant trust and estate work experience are required.
- Current New York State Attorney License.
- Must be very analytical with the ability to perform extensive research.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.