Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with public accounting experience to take on the Tax Manager role. The Tax Manager will be responsible for the oversight of U.S. and State corporate income tax functions to support the financial practices and goals of the company. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Assists in the management of quarterly and annual income tax provisions ensuring compliance with U.S. and State standards and regulation.
- Reviews U.S. and State corporate income tax returns.
- Provides support for compliance reporting as necessary.
- Actively participates in tax audits.
- Oversees the sales and use tax function.
- Assists with global financial consolidations, currency translation and intercompany eliminators.
- Supports the financial practices of the company and assists with strategic initiatives as needed.
- Performs research and completes special projects as necessary.
- Some travel, as required.
- CPA license and a minimum of 6 years of public accounting experience are required.
- “Big 4” experience is preferred.
- Experience with global financial consolidations, currency translation and intercompany eliminations are required.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred) is required.
- Financial closing at the business unit experience is required.
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience is preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.