Location: Saratoga, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced leader to take on the role of General Manager at their local organization. The General Manager will be responsible for managing the overall operations of the organization and is accountable to the Board of Directors. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the organization in order to improve member satisfaction and benefits.
- Coordinates with department heads to ensure members are getting timely and appropriate services. Communicates with the Board of Directors regularly on the operations of the organization.
- Reviews financial transactions and records, cash drawers, petty cash, ledgers, etc to ensure accuracy before submission to accounting firm.
- Assists with annual budgeting and long term planning.
- Approves invoices, payroll and employee hours, billing, reimbursements, etc.
- Recruits, trains and schedules staff as necessary.
- Oversees maintenance of the facility to ensure a clean and safe environment for staff and members.
- Maintains good public / community relations.
- Maintains good working relations with regulatory agencies, ensures regulatory compliance setting an example within the community.
- Assists with marketing of the organization and improving sales to increase revenues.
- Oversees new member orientation.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field and 7 years of management experience are required.
- A strong background in finance is required.
- Management experience must include hiring, training, and scheduling staff.
- Experience in marine or maritime businesses is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be a highly motivated person with an eye for detail in service techniques, member recognition, sales and marketing, scheduling and training programs.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.