Location: Schenectady, NY
Our client is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to grow within their established organization. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for providing a variety of accounting and finance support tasks within the Accounts Payable team. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Reviews invoices, expense reports, and check requests for financial policy compliance, approvals and accurate coding.
- Adherence to financial policies for all entries made into accounts payable system. Coordinates with the necessary departments to resolve non-compliance.
- Reconciles AP transactions.
- Scans invoices into imaging system and routes for approval.
- Prepares accurate documentation preparation and records management related to Accounts Payable that are compliant with record retention policies and procedures.
- Monitors account payments ensures payments are up to date, researches and resolves invoice issues as necessary. Maintains recurring payments to ensure paid amount and amount due are in accordance with established contracts.
- Manages and maintains vendor files and responds to vendor inquiries as necessary.
- Analyses accounts and reports accordingly.
- An Associate’s Degree and at least 2 years of accounting experience are required (accounts payable experience is preferred).
- Experience working within a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounting procedures and accounting software is required.
- Must display proficiency in data entry and management.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and information management skills are required.
- Must be organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize workloads, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to keep confidential information.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.