Location: Schenectady, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Receptionist to join their front office team. The Receptionist will be responsible for various administrative and secretarial functions within a medical office. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Greeting and assisting all patients / visitors that enter the office. Patient Registration.
- Notifying practitioner of appointment arrivals, assisting patients to examination rooms.
- Entering / processing and review of patient information and medical documentation (for accuracy and completeness) to ensure compliance standards are being met.
- Scan patient documents and obtaining the necessary documentation from both patients and physicians ensuring timely treatment.
- Using the predetermined scheduling guidelines, schedule appointments.
- Answering multiple telephone lines; transfer calls, take messages, transferring phone lines to on call clinician at end of day.
- Perform appointment reminder calls for patient appointments.
- Collecting payments, processing credit card transactions.
- Perform filing, typing, mailing and other various administrative / secretarial projects as needed.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma is required.
- Prior administrative / secretarial experience is required. Preferably in a medical office.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be very well organized and able to multi-task.
- Must be attentive to detail.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Outlook is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.