Our client is currently seeking an Account Manager to manage existing employee benefits clientele and oversee their growth into long-term accounts. The main goals of this account manager position is to retain existing clients and identify new business opportunities within those accounts. This is a full-time, permanent position located in the Albany, NY area.
- Managing account renewals through complete plan and competitive rates analysis, proposal creation including recommendations on new business opportunities that will improve on the existing plan.
- Performing marketing and network analysis along with claims experience, benchmarking, and contributions analysis in order to identify new lines of business.
- Managing client deliverables through the maintenance of contract documents and assisting client services with client issues when necessary.
- Staying up to date with regulatory issues and communicating them with clientele.
- Regular communication with management regarding issues that will affect the clients.
- Analysis of prospective client insurance and benefit needs with management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years of work experience in Group Heath Account Management.
- NYS Life, Accident, and Healthcare Licensure is expected within 1 year of employment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, prior use of TAM software is a plus.
- Must say up to date on industry regulations.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, and will be customer service oriented.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.