Location: Albany, NY
The Senior Director, Fund Development reports to the CEO and is accountable for creating the long-range fund development strategies to meet the council’s financial objectives in a manner that facilitates achievement of the mission and organizational goals established by the board of directors. The Senior Director, Fund Development is responsible for developing fundraising campaigns and identifying potential sources for funds (e.g. individual donors, corporations, foundations) through special events, annual giving, major gifts, capital campaigns, and planned giving. She/he, in conjunction with and support of council leadership, nurtures donor and potential donor relationships and is responsible for associated strategies. She/he is responsible for ensuring that funding proposals (grant writing) to potential donors are prepared.
- Ability to model behavior consistent with the Principles of Inclusiveness and Girl Scout Mission, Promise, Law and Values.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of demonstrated successful experience in fund development including direct marketing, major gifts, capital campaigns and planned gifts, working with groups and coordinating community volunteers and outreach programs; and successful experience working with, managing and mobilizing volunteers at all levels.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, tactical planning, budget development and performance management.
- Proven ability to supervise staff and work with board-level volunteers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in MS Windows computer programs with emphasis on donor management systems, publishing, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Demonstrated excellent oral & written communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including some evenings and weekends) and travel primarily throughout the council’s geographic area.
Walrath Recruiting, Inc. has been hired by Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York to search and identify the ideal candidate for the position of Senior Director of Fund Development.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.