Location: Clifton Park, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced programmer to join their team as a Database Analyst. The Database Analyst is primarily responsible for providing support for ERP software, database structure and data mining. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Assisting the IT team with the planning and expansion of the corporate database.
- Providing support for ERP software, database structure and data mining as well as technical IT support for users.
- Troubleshooting complex programming and database issues. Provide possible solutions. Maintaining the technical documentation for issues and resolution procedures.
- Database and code management; code review and documentation.
- Using Microsoft SQL Server, IBM iSeries DB2, .NET, RPC, and other formats for data mining and reporting.
- Using best practices to ensure efficiency and security while writing SQL statements, stored procedures and views.
- Using SQL, ASP or other applications for the development, testing and implementation of data entry applications.
- Assist with the design, development, testing, and implementation of ad hoc reports in the existing database and IT systems policies and controls.
- Assist with cross training and help desk rotation as necessary.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming is preferred. A minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- Relational databases and programming experience is required.
- Access, ASP, and SQL experience is required. IBM iSeries & DB2 knowledge is highly preferred.
- Change management controls and Software Development Life Cycle experience is required.
- MAPICS, ERP and SOX experience is preferred.
- Network experience related to SQL is preferred.
- Must have very strong troubleshooting and problem solution skills.
- Project management and leadership experience is a plus.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.