Location: Latham, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join their established organization as a Senior Network Engineer. They will be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the enterprise network technology utilized by the organization. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Monitors and maintains network hardware and systems including; data, voice, video and wireless.
- Acting point of contact for network technical support. Performs the research and analysis needed to identify issues and areas of improvement; resolves issues or escalates as necessary.
- Analyses and updates networks as needed.
- Coordinates the implementation of long term integration technologies through cross-training, project design and modeling activities.
- Designs, implements and maintains multiple networks including; LAN, WAN, video and wireless to meet specified requirements.
- Creates diagrams and drawings as necessary for accurate documentation and communication.
- Reports on operation and status of networks.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 5 years of related work experience are required.
- 5 years of Cisco LAN experience is required.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) level experience and Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification are preferred.
- Experience with the following enterprise level technologies are required: Firewall Management, WLAN, VPN, WAN and web content filtering.
- TCP/IP protocols, IP routing protocols and firewall technology expertise is required.
- Experience designing in compliance with standards such as PCI and SSAE16.
- Very experience in the Packet Analysis (Pcaps) and OSI layers.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with people with varying technical knowledge.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytic skills are required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.