Location: Latham, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Release Coordinator who will be responsible for the day to day operations of the organization’s Release Management plan and the maintenance of source code repositories. The Release Coordinator will enforce and verify the release standards throughout various environments. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Routine Release Management operations and the development, documentation, and review of automated and manual Release Management procedures.
- Enforce release standards including; lock down policy for controlling changes, development, testing, user signoff, production moves and documentation.
- Installation of new software releases or patches as necessary.
- Perform deployments as necessary to meet production schedules.
- Provide operational support and the presentation of release metrics to identify challenges and areas for improvement.
- Track source code through a historical library. Maintain libraries, reviewing periodically to ensure they are in sync with production areas and without the presence of unauthorized materials.
- Assist with software product evaluations, installations, testing, and technical support for application programming.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 5 years of programming experience and/or release or configuration management are required.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with version control systems. VSS, CVS, Vault, or MS Team.
- Must have 2 years of experience with build systems. Nant, Apache ant, msbuild, or make.
- Must support the enforcement of standards for the Software Development Life Cycle, development, testing, and deployment with sign offs at each major step.
- Documentation and tracking is mandatory, must be very detail oriented.
- Must have Windows XP, 7, 2000, NY; Unix/Linux experience.
- LAN systems experience is highly desired and experience with Mainframe, Mid Range servers is a plus.
- Insurance/Retail experience is a plus.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.