Location: Latham, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced programmer to join their team as a Senior Programmer Analyst. The Programmer Analyst will be responsible for business requirement analysis in order to ensure that the design, development, testing and implementation of new and existing applications meet business needs. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Reviews and evaluates project requests for new or existing applications to recommend course of action or develop plans.
- Designs, develops, tests, implements, and maintains new and existing applications.
- Assists with the support and maintenance of vendor applications.
- Performs application analysis to identify issues, recommend solutions, and troubleshoot reported issues.
- Creates documentation of data specifications and relationships, user and technical support for program installation, operation, coding, corrections, and development logic.
- Designs program and manual system controls related to data and business logic tiers.
- Prepares testing specifications to test for program performance/function, evaluates tests, and debugs as necessary.
- Takes on the role of project leader, provides technical support and training as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience in system analysis, programming and developing tools and languages is required.
- Previous leadership experience is required.
- Experience with the following is required: IBM mainframe JCL (DOS / VSE preferred), COBOL, VSAM, EZTrieve (preferred), CICS.
- A Health Insurance background, Claims Processing, and EDI experience are a plus.
- Understanding of file transmission protocols is required (Tumbleweed and Sentinel preferred)
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instruction formats.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.