Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently looking to hire a seasoned technical support professional within their IT Support team. This individual will take on the role of Help Desk Specialist where they will have the primary responsibilities of ensuring the day-to-day operation of enterprise desktop technologies. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Coordinates, controls and maintains desktop technologies; hardware, applications, operating systems, network integration and desktop services.
- Ensures operational status for personal computers, terminals, modems, print servers, printers, operating systems and applications by performing installations, repairs and configurations.
- Troubleshoots technical problems, identifies issues and provides resolution.
- Provides top quality customer service in all interactions with employees.
- Documents issues, creates reports and escalates issues as necessary.
- Collaborates with IT staff to resolve issues as necessary.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree, preferably in a technology related field, and 3 years experience providing desktop support services are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Active Directory and computer hardware are required. A+ and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer + Internet (MCSE) certifications are preferred.
- Experience providing support services within a Windows XP environment is preferred.
- Strong communication, multi-tasking, and teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, health care and financial processes.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.