Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Systems Programmer to join their growing organization. The Systems Programmer will be responsible for the programming modifications to their information systems. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Reviewing and analyzing programming modifications to information systems. Performing system implementations, enhancements, and modifications as directed.
- Encoding testing, debugging, researching, designing, modifying and documenting programs.
- Developing operational guidelines for all system programming. Inventory all programming changes.
- Assist with the Help Desk application, analysts and customers to proactively prevent customer service issues.
- Performing on-site technical support and providing technical solutions to issues as necessary.
- Help to find ways to improve technical solutions and customer support.
- Overtime and support work may be required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working as a programmer / developer is required.
- Knowledge of the following programming languages are required: C++, XML, Java Scripting, .NET
- Knowledge of web services, object-oriented programming techniques, user interface design, software modeling, and Visual Studio are required.
- Must have Microsoft and UNIX operating systems programming knowledge.
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge is required. Microsoft certifications are preferred.
- A proven track record of field concepts, practices, and procedures is required.
- Technical support experience is highly desired, help desk experience is preferred.
- Must be analytical with excellent problem solving skills.
- Travel will be required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.