Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Conference Legal Assistant. The Conference Legal Assistant will report to the Settlement Conference / Loan Workout team lead and will support the Legal Assistants and file attorney as needed. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- The preparation and submittal of Special Request for Judicial Intervention documents to the court.
- Set up Settlement and Status conferences throughout NYS. Follow up with the courts on settlement conference dates.
- Prepare files and receive notices for the settlement conferences, update clients and appearing attorneys as needed.
- Run daily reports in Time Matters ensuring appearance coverage and that files are prepared for conferences.
- Update Time Matters, LPS, Redbooth, and Quandis as necessary.
- Perform additional administrative and clerical duties and needed.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in business, political science or related field is required for the position.
- Prior experience working in an office is required.
- Must be proficient using a Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates need to be detail oriented with strong problem solving skills.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.