Location: Malta, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced leader in industrial safety to join their established organization as the Safety Manager. The Safety Manager will have the primary responsibilities of leading, developing, and administering safety and workers compensation programs throughout the company. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy workplace through the development and administration of Accident Prevention, Workers Compensation, and Safety Awareness programs.
- Establish improved safety practices through the implementation of programs which will train both managers and employees in worksite safety, fire prevention, and materials handling. All programs being implemented will meet / exceed compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Administration of the workers compensation program.
- Perform site inspections to identify potential and / or existing health hazards and accidents. Apply preventive or corrective measures to identified areas and ensure measures have been properly implemented.
- Train new employees on OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Maintain and manage safety files and records, submit accident and injury reports to regulatory agencies, lead accident and injury investigations.
- Management of product liability claims.
- Responsible for multiple facilities.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a technical school in safety and 3 years of experience in industrial safety engineering, loss control management, or safety sanitation are required.
- Experience working in Training and Distribution Center Management is preferred.
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of OSHA and DOT safety regulations.
- Haz-Mat, Bloodborne, Pathogens, Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), Lock-Out/Tag-Out, and Emergency Preparedness Plan knowledge is required.
- A valid New York State driver’s license and personal automobile liability insurance are required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and with other employees (management included).
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.