Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced software engineer to join their team as the Software Development Manager. They will have the primary responsibility of leading cross-functional software production teams. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Leadership of multiple teams of software developers in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Utilizing and shaping both the agile and lean processes used to drive the technology used in production, collaborating with architects and other technology leaders as necessary.
- Establish and implement software engineering best practices.
- Ensure efficient and high quality production.
- Monitoring project progression. Direct teams to keep projects on course.
- Recruiting, hiring, and mentoring of team members. Implement senior to junior mentoring program for continual improvement of new hires.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 5 years working experience in a development role (3 years within a supervisory capacity) are required.
- A strong development background in Java or similar environments is required.
- Must understand internet application architecture (web services, database technologies, and SOA/Micro Services architecture).
- Must have project management experience using Agile / Lean development methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Continuous Delivery techniques and tools experience is preferred.
- DevOps culture experience is a plus.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.