Location: Watertown, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Sales Director to oversee the organization’s sales and customer service teams in Watertown, NY. The Senior Sales Director will be responsible for successfully managing the needs of the organization’s customers in order to meet the objectives of the organization’s overall business plans and strategies. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Establish and implement goals that support business development initiatives for products and services by forecasting and strategic planning.
- Develop recommendations for growth, opportunities for growth, and key target accounts.
- Partner with Marketing and senior management to identify market opportunities and release new products to customers.
- Initiate, establish, and maintain relationships with prospects and customers.
- Develop and maintain a complete knowledge of the organization’s products, content, services and distribution model.
- Plan, monitor, appraise and review job contributions and compensation actions.
- Create multiple selling and channel methods; analyze and select appropriate strategies for different customers and different markets.
- Project expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Oversee a team of 9 sales representatives and 9 customer service representatives.
- Coach, counsel, and discipline employees while making strategic recruitment decisions.
- Keep informed with recent industry trends, competitors, and prominent customer strategies.
- Required travel 20-30% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience and selling to large organizations.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats.
- Demonstrated capability to develop strong interpersonal working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Strong persuasive, negotiation and analytical skills.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.