Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced business development professional to join their organization as the Vice President of Fund Development. The VP of Fund Development will have the primary responsibility of fundraising campaign development and the identification of potential donors. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Designs, implements, and manages all fundraising activities including annual giving, major planned giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special events, and other agency related solicitations.
- Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
- Maintains contact with and develops grant proposals for foundations, corporations and government funding sources.
- Advise CEO and senior leadership on matters regarding fund development in order to meet budget and fundraising goals.
- Identify potential donors including individual donors, corporations, and foundations. Utilize special events and philanthropic endeavors to garner new relationships.
- Work with the leadership to nurture potential and existing donor relationships, as well as assist with recommending and researching potential new major donor’s member.
- Ensure funding proposals to potential donors are completed to continue income source diversification and plan for future operational and budget growth.
- Create office systems to support all development projects and operations.
- Supervises donor and gift-record keeping; Coordinates development research activities; Oversees the management of databases and all records, files, and gift processing; Manages acknowledgement of all gifts to donors; Manages and maintains the donor database.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 7 years of professional fundraising experience including direct marketing, major gifts, capital campaigns, and planned gifts.
- Ability to demonstrate successful results in a development function.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse populations and personalities.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team; must have direct supervisory experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail, and with the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.