Location: Schenectady, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced IT leader with a business focus to join their established organization as the Vice President of Application Solutions. The VP of Application Solutions will be responsible for the leadership of major enterprise application development projects, programs and delivery. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Providing technical expertise and thought leadership for application solutions across all enterprise and business specific systems.
- Leadership of all project and program management, vendor solution-partner management, and program delivery.
- Interfacing between executive business leaders and IT. Ensuring all IT activities align with business objectives and long term vision.
- Coordinating applications staff meetings with their business partners.
- Development of 3-5 year strategies for business and technology needs and plans for applications team.
- Drive accountability and encourage a customer service attitude throughout the applications team.
- Standardize IT tools, platforms, off the shelf, third party, and internally developed solutions. Integrate SDLC management methodology through best practices.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance to system Service Level Agreements. Leadership of the implementation and management of SLAs.
- Vendor selection that will provide efficient and cost effective scalable solutions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and at least 7 years of experience leading software application development in complex business operations are required.
- Must have a demonstrated successful track record of delivery leadership.
- Multi-site operations, large member population applications, and healthcare or managed care industry experience is preferred.
- Must have proven experience performing “build vs. buy” evaluations, assessments, and selection of software solutions and integrations.
- Large and small company experience is preferred.
- Experience in software application development technical leadership across legacy and modern-era platforms (leveraging web services architecture) is preferred.
- Must have proven business partnership experience and technical leadership skills.
- Extremely strong analytical, independent judgement and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience in managing a staff of at least 50 employees.
- Must possess technical delivery excellence and the ability to interact with all levels of senior business management in a multi-location, service-based, economy business.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.