Location: Latham, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced web applications developer to take on the role of the Applications Director for Data Warehouse/Web/Portals/Intranet applications. The Applications Director will be responsible for the development and support of the application systems architecture, implementations and application functionality. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain applications throughout the lifecycle management process.
- Develop and instill a strong foundation for Application lifecycle management. Collaborate with other lead developers regarding architectural standards, best practices, and development practices.
- Develop and monitor project deliverables and objectives in order to meet deadlines.
- Create, develop and manage a team in multiple locations. Oversee team and provide technical insight for applications supported by the team.
- Determines project development options (ie. feasibility, cost, time, etc.)
- Ensures high quality production through adherence to established standards, policies and procedures, following best practices and the design of scalable and repeatable solutions.
- Ensure the proper documentation of applications projects throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Identify and recommend new technologies needed to sustain the environment.
- Ensure IT goals are aligned with business objectives through collaborative work with system user groups. Communicate objectives to staff and coordinate all activities necessary to reach those objectives. Plan projects, determine resources, allocate resources, and monitor activities.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- At least 5 years of experience developing and supporting WEB Applications is required.
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining a Data Warehouse environment is required.
- Must have experience designing and implementing ETL procedures for data from multiple sources as well as ETL processes and data architecture for analytics tools, reporting environments and dashboards.
- Must be very knowledgeable and experienced with data quality and verification techniques.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Development experience with the following web applications is required: C#, .Net, and Visual Studio.
- Leadership experience of a development team is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.