Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Electronic Data Interchange Tester for a long term contract position. The EDI Tester will be responsible for the quality assurance testing of the client’s proprietary EDI software.
- The creation of EDI transactions and data for use in test cases.
- EDI test environment set up.
- Performance of EDI testing, analysis, and EDI error resolution.
- EDI transaction analysis and trouble shooting of EDI testing issues.
- Maintenance of internal EDI database.
- Must have at least 7 years of intensive work experience in the computer field. 3 of which must have been in performing software testing for highly complex software applications and systems.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering from an accredited University.
- Must have QA/Testing experience using various methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) expertise.
- Must have experience working in highly complex and large web-based application testing that is built on JAVA, Web-Sphere (presentation layer), DB2 LUW (backend database), middleware (web-services, API calls testing using SOAP UI), backend batch jobs and interfaces.
- Experience writing SQL using joins for validations from multiple sources using DB2 LUW.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Need to have working experience with healthcare insurance or .gov domain testing EDI (835, 837, and 834) transactions.
- Proven reports testing experience on an Oracle Database.
- Experience with EDI Enrollment and Claims transactions and EDI data movement.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have extensive testing knowledge (techniques for verification and validation).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Functional knowledge of Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert, and Rational Requirement Composer.
- Working-level experience within DB2 Mainframe Environments.
- Late evening and weekend work is to be expected.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.