Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Our client is currently seeking a motivated Chemical Production Engineer. The Chemical Production Engineer will be responsible for ensuring all processes run smoothly, safely, and efficiently based on data collected. They also are in charge of overseeing engineering teams and carrying out improvement activities. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Ensure all production equipment is operating correctly and efficiently.
- Work on continuously improving by ensuring product tests are administered by analyzing systems data and carrying out comprehensive analysis to determine next steps.
- Lead and manage the production engineer team to promote a positive and productive work environment through enrichment and growth activities.
- Assess problems in the production process regarding safety, efficiency, and functionality, and develop workable solutions with the engineering team.
- Oversee support and training of engineering teams.
- Analyze data to determine areas in which engineering processes can be changed to cut costs and improve efficiency.
- Carry out control and process analysis.
- Assist in the development of the annual capital spending budget.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment for all employees in the plant.
- Keep company policies and standard operations procedures up to date and code.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or other relevant field is required.
- 5+ years working in as an engineer in the chemical manufacturing industry needed.
- 2 years in a managerial capacity required.
- Must be knowledgeable on SAP preferably.
- Strong leadership and communication skills are required.
- Must be able to track and maintain schedules in order to meet deadlines.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.