Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Chief Estimator. The Chief Estimator will be responsible for overseeing the coordination of all estimations made for construction bid proposals and other cost related projects for the company. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Oversee all employees in the estimating department including training, professional development, and performance evaluation.
- Ensure all estimations are made on time and with as much accuracy as is possible given the project specifications.
- Analyze project documents including sketches, blueprints, and specifications to determine potential construction problems, or complicating issues.
- Build strong professional relationships with clients to facilitate business.
- Oversee company data and past records from bids and estimations for reference.
- Assist in the value engineering process pre-build.
- Work cross-departmentally to prepare effective presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering required.
- 10+ years working in construction estimation required.
- Must have strong conceptual skills to envision projects with client information.
- Excellent leadership and management skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is needed.
- Must be able to work between multiple projects, and see that all meet their individual deadlines.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.