Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Clinical Care Manager to join their team. The Clinical Care Manager will be responsible for the coordination of care through network provider collaboration and the provision of clinical assessments, referrals, and counseling. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Conduct assessments to make the necessary referral and certification decisions for the facilitation of care and transfers to network facilities and providers.
- Carry out phone assessments and gather clinical information as necessary.
- Assess cases and determines needs.
- Evaluate treatments within proprietary work and site guidelines.
- Seek out certification consultations as necessary.
- Direct members to therapists or provider and evaluates care/treatment to see if it meets medical criteria deeming it necessary.
- Determine alternative treatments if it does not meet criteria.
- Coordinate with management to ensure patient care needs are met.
- Ensure continuity of care through providers and handle provider calls.
- Handle benefit requests and coverage.
- Ensure the efficiency of services rendered by interfacing with internal and external customers.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or Psychology or A Bachelor’s level RN is required.
- A valid and unrestricted license in a mental health field is required (RN, Ph.D., LCSW/ACSW, LLP, MHC, LPC, etc.)
- At least 3 years of experience working in psychiatric or substance abuse treatment is required.
- Experience that includes inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient care is preferred.
- Experience working in or knowledge of managed care is required.
- Internal/external consultant work experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and a focus on customer service.
- Must be proficient using management information systems.
- The ability to function within an interdisciplinary setting is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.