Location: Latham, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Customer Care Representative at their growing company. The Customer Care Representative will be responsible for resolving problems initiated by clients mainly in regards to plan coverage, benefits, or billing. This is a contract to hire position.
- Answering all incoming telephone calls in a professional manner to identify and respond to questions and problems presented by insured clients.
- Complying with service level standards.
- Documenting client interactions as deemed necessary by existing protocols.
- Provides accurate information to insured clients according to company policies, researching information as needed in order to provide verification of coverage, payments, etc.
- Reports customer feedback issues to supervisor (service errors/problems) and assists with the development of long-term preventative solutions.
- Obtains comparative personal lines insurance quotes.
- Performs insurance application audits for accuracy and audits for new business. Follows up with carriers as necessary.
- Records claims and remits to carriers.
- Entry of new clients into proprietary system, maintains logs and production reports.
- An Associate’s Degree and a minimum of 1 year of customer service experience are required. Preferably in the insurance industry.
- A NYS Property & Casualty or Personal Lines license is required.
- Proficiency using the following software/systems is required: Applied, Word, Excel, Outlook and Web Browsers.
- Experience dealing in personal lines insurance is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of office or operational procedures and the ability to use general office machinery.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.