Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Field Support Engineer. The Field Support Engineer will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software. This is a full-time, contract to hire position.
- Install computer software, hardware, and equipment.
- Interface with customers over the phone while on site to locate problems and fix.
- Act as a point of contact for any customers that may have problems requiring troubleshooting and repair.
- Make changes to hardware in order to support company software and equipment.
- Remain in communication with company personnel in order to positively identify the specific nature of problems.
- Carry out documentation of all installs, maintenance, and other work done through a ticketing system.
- Assist customers to meet their specific instructions for installation of software and equipment.
- Train new customers with the software and equipment after first time set up.
- Take feedback from customers and report back to the company to integrate continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant field is required.
- 2 years of experience installing, maintaining, and working with hardware and software components.
- Must be incredibly organized and detail oriented, with a strict understanding of deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of the team is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.