Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Litigation Attorney. The Litigation Attorney will be responsible for representation of clients in court cases and manage all phases of the litigation process. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Assist in litigating complex and high exposure files.
- Prepare and draft various legal arguments, drafts, and other relevant legal material and reports.
- Communicate effectively with clients, opposing counsel, co-counsel, and partners.
- Independently drafts pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery and other file documents.
- Conduct legal research as necessitated.
- Build and maintain internal and external client relationships.
- A Law Degree from an Accredited University is required.
- 3+ years of experience in litigation.
- Experience in bankruptcy and collections is needed.
- Experience in mortgage foreclosures is a plus.
- Licensed to practice law in New York.
- Strong verbal, oral and legal writing communication styles are required.
- Must be comfortable with MS Office software.
- Knowledge of Civil Practice Law and Rules is a must.
- Must demonstrate exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Background in default servicing and creditor rights is preferred.
- Experience in the courtroom is a plus.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.