Location: Johnstown, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Logistics Supervisor. The Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for supervising all employees and ensuring their safety, in addition to overseeing the logistics of the warehouse. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Oversee the daily operations of the warehouse, and ensure the safety of all workers.
- Ensure that shifts are properly taken, and supplies are kept on hand and in budget.
- Manage the work schedules of employees including overtime and extra shifts.
- Track the productivity of the site, and brainstorm new ideas to increase efficiency and cut costs.
- Implement any process improvement methods.
- Work within every function of the hiring and supervision process including hiring, firing, training, and performance reviews.
- Ensure all workplace, state, and federal regulations, policies and procedures are met and followed.
- Work with the safety department to ensure the daily operations run smoothly by following best practices.
- High School Diploma required, Associate’s degree highly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a previous supervisory role with leadership responsibility.
- Experience in a shipping environment with finished goods is needed.
- Must have strong communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge on common safety procedures and government regulations is required.
- Must be able to interface with management in order to describe any changes or problems.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.