Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Our client is currently seeking an OB Nurse Educator. The OB Nurse Educator will serve as a preceptor, and be responsible for educating the nursing staff and providing professional development and other growth opportunities. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Determine the educational needs of the nursing and clinical staff and develop a plan to meet them.
- Work with leadership within the department to assess areas of improvement.
- Work within departments to specifically improve performance.
- Understand what certifications would be beneficial for staff to achieve.
- Seek out new educational and learning opportunities to administer to the staff.
- Communicate with patients and families to assess the success of care administration.
- Train new staff through hands on real life clinical situation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing is required.
- 5+ years of experience working in clinical inpatient labor is required, with significant knoweldge of Obstetrics.
- BLS, ACLS, NRP, and Obstetrics Specialty certifications are needed.
- Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in NY State.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Must have strong communication skills to teach and work with staff and patients.
- Familiarity with all the functions of clinical practice is needed.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.