Location: Helena, NY
Our client is currently seeking a NYS Licensed Optician to join their growing team. The NYS Licensed Optician will be responsible for dispensing and fitting frames for customers. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Analyze and interpret optical prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
- Provide customers with accurate information on lens type, frames, styling, and benefits to ensure proper selection.
- Take frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning.
- Instruct customers on the use and care of their glasses.
- Responsible for accuracy of patient pricing and prescription.
- Arrange and maintain shop displays, cleanliness of equipment, workstation, dispensing area and facility.
- Retain records of payments, customers’ prescriptions, inventory, sales and work orders.
- Maintain NYS license requirements.
- Participate in all training/educational opportunities.
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s degree in opticianry highly preferred.
- 3 months of related experience and/or training required.
- Must possess NYS Optician license.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent communications skills are needed.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.