Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Parts Counter Representative to join their growing team. The Parts Counter Representative will be responsible for performing a variety of customer service stocking duties related to the receiving, sale and delivery of parts and accessories that contribute to the efficiency of the company. This is a full-time, contract-hire position.
- Assist customers and mechanics in person and over the phone finding the appropriate parts and supplies by determining prices and availability.
- Look up needed parts and manuals on the computer while operating their internal parts systems.
- Gain superior product knowledge and understanding of automotive components to effectively help customers.
- Maintain documentation of all transactions and purchases.
- Track parts orders to keep customers updated on the status.
- Assists in maintaining stock levels, receiving and shipping parts, and in issuing local purchase orders.
- Help maintain cleanliness and professional appearance of the service counter, work area and stockroom.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Previous customer service or sales experience with automotive parts preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must have a mechanical/automotive background.
- Must have the ability to lift 50-100lbs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.