Location: Coxsackie, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Plant Controller. The Plant Controller will be responsible for overseeing all financial functions and management activities at the location. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Oversee multiple aspects of accounting at the company location including forecasting and analysis.
- Lead all month end reconciliations and accounting activities.
- Forecast future financial activity including income and expenses based on past earnings.
- Schedule and set up audits of the company, as well as ensure that all necessary adjustments are made.
- Follow all governmental and company rules and regulations with regards to finances and the accounting process.
- Train and supervise employees within the accounting department and provide them with direction, as well as checking that they are up to date on all accounting policies and procedures.
- Advise management on any financial problems or errors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 7+ years of experience working in a similar controller position, preferably in a Controller role.
- Experience working in public accounting and adhering to the requirements of SOX controls.
- Must be familiar with all accounting principles and regulations and GAAP.
CPA highly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Must be incredibly detail oriented.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.