Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a manager experienced in quality assurance within healthcare operations surveillance to join their team as a Program Advisor. The Program Advisor will be responsible for the oversight of quality assurance functions for a variety of the organization’s statewide healthcare related programs. This is a contract to hire position.
- Acts as a liaison to other organizations, agencies and programs as necessary.
- Supervises and provides direction to staff in a variety of on-site or field activities.
- Ensures the quality and regulatory compliance of Managed Long Term Care assessment programs offered through the organization.
- Oversees the assessment and review process functions to ensure accurate and high quality services are provided to clients.
- Identifies service inadequacies, assists with program process/procedure improvement.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Public Administration, or Healthcare is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Candidates are preferred to have a background in public health, health services research, and/or public policy.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in health or social services research, policy, finance or QA and 5 years of expertise in long term care or health care policy are required.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Professional healthcare license/certification and knowledge of NYS health insurance programs are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with the ability to think creatively.
- Must be well-organized and have the ability to work independently or with a team.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Some travel will be required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.