Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking and experienced health care project manager to join their team as a Project Manager. The Project Manager will be responsible for the evaluation and implementation of health reform initiatives. This is a contract to hire position.
- Plans, implements and evaluates health reform initiatives.
- Reporting on health reform implementations.
- Develops a variety of health reform informational materials such as; brochures, progress reports, manuals, etc. Target audiences for these materials range from providers and participants to localized agencies and stakeholders.
- Creates training materials and facilitates program specific training.
- Prepares briefing materials, summary reporting, and next step planning.
- Attends discussions/meetings as necessary.
- Communicates with other divisions, offices, etc. to obtain information, prepare information requests, and give presentations.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in public policy or management and 5 years of health care experience (2 of which need to be in a supervisory role) are required.
- Experience making new Medicaid funded or community based healthcare programs operational is preferred.
- Knowledge of Community-based or Medicaid Long-term care services and healthcare plans are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience working with Mental Health or Developmental Disabilities offices is preferred.
- Well-organized with the ability to create timely and accurate presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Applications (including Excel and Powerpoint), and standard office equipment is required.
- Candidates will be to be able to think creatively and strategically and have the ability to facilitate inter-agency cooperation.
- Reliable transportation is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.