Location: Glens Falls, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for overseeing all company Buyer/Planners to ensure that resources are appropriate sourced to meet the operating need of the company. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Act in a leadership and management capacity to the team buyers and purchasers.
- Project the levels of materials needed for production, and relay those needs to buyers.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers to bring in the highest quality materials at great prices.
- Negotiate when necessary with suppliers to meet the needs of the company.
- Monitor the performance of all suppliers in order to further improve.
- Oversee inventory dollars and ensure it remains at the norm.
- Work with teams to support new projects, and assist with new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or other relevant field is required.
- 4+ years of experience working in materials management is required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Must have a strong understanding of ERP systems, GMP regulations, and Materials Control.
- Certified Purchasing Manager or Certified in Production and Inventory Management is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.