Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Real Estate Legal Assistant to join their established law firm. The Assistant / Paralegal will be responsible for a variety of legal duties pertaining to the litigation operations of the Law Firm. This is a part-time, permanent position.
- Perform routine maintenance of attorney calendars and updates attorneys of upcoming deadlines.
- Prepare documentation for purchases and closings including HUDs, closing statements, etc.
- Ensure copies of documentation are properly filed and distributed.
- Assist the REO and foreclosure teams within the company.
- Track and update files on clients and closings in the area.
- Organize and maintain legal files.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working at law firm, specifically with real estate experience.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor, be highly organized, attentive to detail and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills required for interfacing with clients, agents, and customers.
- Experience working with amendments, leases, and purchasing agreements necessary.
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize between multiple tasks.
- Knowledge on real estate title closing software is needed.
- Familiarity with the closing process is needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.