Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Accountant & Analyst to join their organization. The Senior Accountant & Analyst will be responsible for the ownership of technical accounting and analysis and balance sheets. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Deliver technical accounting expertise and advanced analysis of financial statements.
- Manage and review account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and quarterly balance sheet review.
- Responsible for accounting process and quarterly review of below-the-line costs.
- Assist the Finance department with monthly and quarterly closing process.
- Perform monthly variance analysis between the actual and forecasted budget.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, SOX Process and Controls.
- Communicate effectively with senior-level management and external audit team to implement required changes in accordance to company’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting or related field required.
- 2+ years’ experience with ERP based accounting systems (SAP).
- Experienced in preparing both individual and corporation tax returns.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Must be self-directed, able to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Accounting/Finance experience in a manufacturing/chemical background highly preferred.
- Experience in Public Accounting is highly preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.