Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join their organization. The Senior Accountant will act as an integrated, collaborative member of the finance team and be responsible for all of the company’s technical accounting matters. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Prepare and file all external financial reporting documents and related SEC filings and accounting for all equity based transactions.
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated financial statements, including statements of comprehensive income and cash flows.
- Act as a resource for determining proper software revenue recognition for complex accounting deliverables.
- Calculate earnings-per-share in accordance with relevant US GAAP and SEC guidance.
- Ensure financial audits and statutory reports are delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of innovative accounting pronouncements.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen company’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- Support the process of improving accounting policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree is highly preferred.
- 3 years of prior experience in public accounting and/or a technical accounting role.
- CPA certification is required.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, with emphasis on Excel.
- Must have prior experience with GAAP & SEC reporting for a public organization.
- Must have an acute attention to detail and strong analytical skills.