Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Accountant to join their growing team. The primary responsibilities will be providing support for a wide variety of tasks pertaining to private equity accounting. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Provide support for accounting activities to ensure accurate accounting records for assigned accounts. Ensure compliance with accounting rules, partnership agreements and / or client requirements.
- Accounting activities may include, but are not limited to; the processing, reconciliation, and review of financial transactions.
- Preparation of work paper packages.
- Assistance with external audits.
- Quarterly and annual financial statement preparation and Partner capital schedules.
- Assist with the onboarding of new clients.
- Coach accountants as necessary.
- Completion of adhoc projects on time and as needed by clients.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 4 years of accounting experience. Private equity experience is a plus.
- CPA qualification is preferred but not required. Candidates are expected to have a strong knowledge of the accounting industry and its principles.
- Must have the strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite applications and have the ability to quickly learn new accounting software.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible work hours are required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.