Location: Johnstown, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to maintain financial reports, prepare and analyze budgets and complete general bookkeeping. The Staff Accountant will work under the supervision of the Controller. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Perform reconciliations and prepares daily journal entries for a variety of accounting tasks.
- Reconcile balance sheets and post journal entries.
- Assist in the month end closing process and preparation of annual audits.
- Ensure accuracy of the general ledger.
- Conduct analysis of spending and report to the management team.
- Provide support for any internal and external audit requirements.
- Work with human resources to process payroll.
- Review and update the company accounting procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties for the accounting team as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 2 years accounting experience is needed.
- Must be familiar with accounting software and GAAP.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.