Location: Latham, NY
Our client is currently seeking an accounting/finance professional experienced in sales/use tax to join their established organization as a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the improvement of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes and the assistance with day to day financial operations. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Provides management with a variety of accounting functions to assist with day to day financial operations.
- Reconciles monthly sales tax returns and bank statements.
- Resolves sales/use notices.
- Prepares bank deposits, processes and collects Account Receivables.
- Ensures sales tax accuracy through the review of sales invoice requests and creates invoices.
- Maintains cash flow forecasts and fixed assets monthly depreciation schedule.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly and year-end closing.
- Documents and maintains accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with Insurance Agents regarding policies and maintains Certificate of Insurance.
- Assists in with Human Resources functions as needed; payroll, employee benefits, workers compensation, etc.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting and 4 years of accounting/finance experience are required.
- Sales and Use Tax experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Programs, Mac experience is preferred.
- The ability to work independently and within a team setting is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.