Location: Waterford, NY
Our client is currently seeking to employ an experienced Tax Accountant to assist in the preparation of their Federal and State Income Tax Returns, and other tax related tasks. The Tax Accountant will be working closely with the tax department. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Prepare federal, state, and local income tax returns.
- Assist in process improvement.
- Carry out tax analysis of depreciation, in addition to gain and loss calculations.
- Follow ASC 740 standards for reporting income taxes.
- Provide assistance in tax reporting.
- Maintain the general ledger and ensure accounts are reconciled.
- Ensure all filings are in line with local, state, and federal tax laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
- 2+ years of experience in accounting is needed, preferably public.
- CPA license highly preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.