Location: Colonie, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Telecommunications Technician. The Telecommunications Technician will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and servicing telephone systems. This is a full-time, contract to hire position.
- Plan installations out ahead of time and assess the needs at the installation site.
- Install telephone systems and ensure their continual operation over time.
- Ensure that systems are working by testing circuits and equipment.
- Promptly respond to any outages or service needs by troubleshooting and repairing.
- Follow all regulations and company procedures when setting up new systems.
- Stay apprised of the current state of telecommunications technology.
- Document all installations and services rendered.
- 1 year of experience in telecommunications working with VoIP data network level equipment.
- Must be familiar with switches, routers, and CAT fiber optic cables.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Valid driver’s license is required for travel to local installations and service calls.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.