Location: Phoenix, AZ
Our client is currently seeking an Appeals Coordinator. The Appeals Coordinator will be responsible for processing and recording appeals. This is a full time, contract position.
- Take responsibility for a number of appeals cases, and ensure compliance with timelines.
- Ensure all medical records are completely and accurately filled out.
- Enter and record all appeals information into a database.
- Work with physicians as necessary to assign reviews.
- Prepare information for review panels on appeals.
- Assist in gathering data to analyze appeals reports.
- Train new employees within the appeals department on processes and best practices.
- Escalate any cases causing trouble to managers to resolve.
- Answer any telephone inquiries by members or providers, and address their questions.
- 2+ years of experience in behavioral health and/or health appeals support is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required, specifically Outlook.
- Excellent customer services skills are needed.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.