Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Our client is currently seeking detail oriented accounting professional to join their team as the Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for overseeing the main accounting duties, and providing assistance with financial reporting. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Preparation of financial statements for monthly and yearly financial close.
- Reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Reporting / communicating financial information to management.
- Oversee the accounting processes and procedures, and identify areas for improvement.
- Help the accounting staff grow professionally.
- Assist with A/R and A/P.
- Provide support to the accounting staff with sales tax returns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting is needed.
- Must have experience in sales tax, preferably multi state.
- Experience with construction software is needed (Spectrum, Timberline, etc).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, is needed.
- Ability to prioritize between multiple tasks is required.
- Must work well individually and as a member of a team.
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.