Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Chief Operating Officer who will work closely with the Executive team to manage the business responsibilities, supervise the administrative staff, provide human resource administration and systems management, as well as provide guidance for the financial and management decisions of the firm. This is a full-time permanent position.
- Supervise and direct the accounting staff.
- Provide Executive team with guidance and advice on financial and business operations.
- Oversee and conduct forecasting and management, maintenance of bank relationships and financial reporting.
- Coordinate financial statement review and income tax preparation with CPA firm.
- Manage insurance and outside vendors, monthly closing procedures and reconciliations, financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Maintain the integrity and precision of the company’s General Ledger.
- Prepare internal monthly productivity, analytical reports and handle annual budget preparation.
- Develop year-end reports of financial performance.
- Manage human resource functions including recruiting, training, benefits, compensation, and reviews.
- Supervise office administration and facilities management staff, including the IT department and IT budget.
- Manage firm marketing, including working with outside service providers and vendors, and company-wide collections policies and processes.
- Develop firm billing and accounting policies as well as internal manuals for new billing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 10+ years of experience in a law firm or professional firm management is required.
- Ability to work with Executive team and provide high-level and detailed reports to guide firm decision-making is a must.
- Working knowledge of human resources processes and practices is required.
- Ability to implement new software systems.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.