Location: Albany, NY
Our client is seeking a Controller who will be responsible for providing day-to-day oversight of the financial activities of the Company, including accounting, budgeting/forecasting, and strategy. This is a full-time permanent position.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Report financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances.
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Develop and maintain financial processes within the organization to improve the overall operations of the Company and to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to the finance department
- Manage the preparation of financial statements and reports that summarize and forecast the Company’s financial position and results of operations
- Review, analyze and develop job cost reports in order to determine accurate estimated total costs to complete; prepare work in progress reports
- Serve as the key contact for the Company’s external auditors, bankers and insurance brokers; coordinate all audit activities and filing of corporate tax returns.
- Develop and implement internal controls and procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the company.
- Review and approve all billing and disbursements including job costing, payroll, and general conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
- Must have 5+ years of experience working in the construction industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Timberline is required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.