Location: Bennington, VT
Our client is currently seeking a Cost Accountant. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for analyzing the company’s processes and their associated costs. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Perform month-end journal entries, preparation, balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintenance and development of weekly KPI’s.
- Develop reports to determine necessary operational decisions.
- Oversee the tracking and management of all physical inventory.
- Track all inventory cycles to ensure optimal turnaround time.
- Create labor and material analysis to create efficiencies and reduce company costs.
- Carry out variance and financial analysis.
- Update and maintain a system to track all company costs to be as accurate as possible.
- Conduct inventory audits and subsequent updates to statements.
- Determine standard costs as accurately as possible to actual costs.
- Track breakeven points with company products vs cost of goods to make.
- Verify fixed asset register and allocate monthly project expenses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking or Finance is needed.
- 3+ years of experience working with cost accounting is required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with ERP systems is highly preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.