Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Data Architect. The Data Architect will be responsible for working with application development teams and business users to define the data requirements of each business area and create logical and physical data models to represent and implement the corresponding data structures. This is a full-time, temp to perm position.
- Evaluate, design, approve, and implement all changes to existing databases.
- Develop, maintain, and publicize database documentation.
- Ability to work with IBM InfoSphere Information Server; specifically Information Governance Catalog, InfoSphere Metadata Asset Manager, and IIS Information Analyzer components.
- Be able to work in large, high volume environments.
- Navigate and use data modeling tools (Erwin 9), and relational database technology (DB2 LUW/UDB).
- Use structured Query Language (SQL); Data Definition Language and Data Manipulation Language.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is required.
- 10+ years of experience in analytical database and design development.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Ability to lead and facilitate design sessions with developers, business analysts, and users.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.