Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Director of Professional Services. The Director will be responsible for day to day operations and ensuring all business objectives are met. This is a full-time, permanent position. This position is for an individual with strong entrepreneurial capabilities to successfully manage in a small, fast-paced business environment.
- Develop and implement new sustainable processes to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Manage and oversee projects and staffing, including project assignments, capacity planning, and project profitability.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Identify project risks and provide recommendations for risk avoidance in a timely manner.
- Understand business agreements and how they translate into business objectives, while maintaining responsibility of P&L.
- Work continually to drive profitability and satisfy customers.
- Select and ensure all employees are properly trained, conduct performance reviews, and lead/mentor staff.
- Assist with the billing of all projects at month end.
- Manage a team of engineers that are managing projects (multiple departments/locations)
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Management, or another relevant field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in IT/project management is required.
- Previous Managed Service Provider (MSP) experience is preferred.
- Previous successful management of a small team is required.
- Strong leadership and communication skills are required.
- Must have previous experience in IT services sales, negotiations, and pricing within budget.
- Knowledge of IT best practices and strategic direction.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.