Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Our client is currently seeking an Estimator in the construction industry. The Estimator will be responsible for overseeing the management and coordination of municipal construction projects. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Design and structure the plans for new projects and timelines.
- Develop timelines breaking down the sequence, requirements, and resources for projects.
- Constantly analyze the project to forecast time to completion.
- Negotiate purchase orders and/or subcontracts.
- Ensure all company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Describe the expectations and specifications to foremen and superintendents.
- Generate new proposals, and evaluate new bids against historical pricing.
- Ensure the needs are met for projects in terms of material and equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or other relevant field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in construction scheduling and project management.
- Experience in heavy highway and environmental construction is required.
- Strong estimating skills are required.
- Must be team driven and well organized.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.