Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Governmental Accounting Manager. The Governmental Accounting Manager will be responsible for coordinating governmental audits and other related tasks. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Plan, conduct and review governmental audit engagements.
- Develop and execute audit plans.
- Lead engagement teams in conducting audits.
- Oversee the preparation of general purpose financial statements.
- Guarantee GASB accounting standards implementations.
- Supervise and train firm staff in the preparation of business needs.
- Participate in long-term planning and development for the firm.
- Carry out risk assessments and analysis.
- 7+ years of governmental audit experience (counties, cities, towns, authorities and special districts).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, GAAS with an emphasis on GAS and GASB.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and Caseware Working Papers.
- Knowledge of government contract regulation and requirements: FAR; DFARS, and CAS.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.