Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking an extremely diligent and self-motivated Legal Secretary to join their litigation team! The Legal Secretary will assist with the office day-to-day operations involving clerical and administrative work. This is a full-time, 3 month contract position.
- Take dictation, transcribe and compose correspondence.
- Conduct legal research and draft legal documents.
- Assist with various administrative and clerical duties such as: answering phones, faxing documents, organizing files, tracking billing and appointments, and maintaining calendars.
- Format and file legal documents.
- Keep all files confidential according to company procedure.
- Prepare and deliver affidavits.
- Maintain electronic-filing database.
- 3+ years of experience is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is needed.
- Must be able to type at 60-65 WPM.
- Ability to meet deadlines necessary.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including electronic filing, is a must.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.