Location: Fitchburg, MA
Our client is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for ensuring that the day to day operations go smoothly through preventative maintenance and emergency repairs. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Maintain plant safety, and ensure all processes and procedures are in place and being followed.
- Troubleshoot any mechanical failures or malfunctions, and take care of the entire repair cycle.
- Understand what materials are needed, and keep a back stock of items for repairs.
- Maintain all work orders, and see to it that they are resolved.
- Operate industrial equipment on site in a safe manner.
- Enact preventative maintenance initiatives, and carry out scheduled inspections.
- Oversee all plant support systems, including electrical, instrumentation, and more.
- Carry out welding, and the fabrication of metal and steel sheets.
- Procure any other services or equipment that may be needed for the plant.
- GED is required, a technical degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a maintenance role in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP is required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of process safety management, and preventative maintenance is preferred.
- Welder certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of diaphragm and centrifugal pumps is a plus.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.